Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BartPE: Live Windows XP SP2 CD

Arrow BartPE: Live Windows XP SP2 CD

What is BartPE and PE Builder?

Bart's PE Builder helps you build a "BartPE" (Bart Preinstalled Environment) bootable Windows CD-Rom or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD, very suitable for PC maintenance tasks.

It will give you a complete Win32 environment with network support, a graphical user interface (800x600) and FAT/NTFS/CDFS filesystem support. Very handy for burn-in testing systems with no OS, rescuing files to a network share, virus scan and so on.
    This will replace any Dos bootdisk in no time!

Download: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
    Data Recovery Plug-ins: http://www.runtime.org/peb.htm

[ Windows XP SP2 Desktop With BartPE+XPE ] READ THIS

Regards,
    Last edited by ferrari; 21-12-2004 at 10:08 AM.

Theres a new version or something?

Anyhow, my BartPE Emergency Disk rocks! with all the possible applications added in it

Its so damn easy to make a "live" windows disk using this thing..

Hey! Ferrari,

Sorry, but i don't get it! U mean, we can make BOOTABLE CD's using this S/W?? Please do lemme know. Thanx
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." -Ayn Rand(The Fountainhead)

Could you spare an old man a crust of bread? Or a Megabyte of Bandwidth!?

You know about those "live linux distros" ?? like knnopix, slax, etc?

Its similar to that, you can make a "live" windows boot disk using Bart's tools.

That can be made with Nero easily. But BartPE is different. I think I should edit the Title

Time for a plugin list.....
    Which plugins have u used Ferrari? And ofcourse...links to them wud b helpful.

Been using Bart myself for years now and it's never failed me, but I normally just do restore from tape if my system drive fails and I want all my data back as it was.

didnt think you old people knew how 2 use computers

Quote Originally Posted by the_fountainhead
    Hey! Ferrari,

Sorry, but i don't get it! U mean, we can make BOOTABLE CD's using this S/W?? Please do lemme know. Thanx
    It's an excellent software to make those rescue CD's. Very handy in time of HDD crisis. Right now I'm collecting all the necessary plugins and then I'll burn it on CD-RW to test it.

Regards,

KingKrool Guest
    bootable xp cd requires that file...xpboot.bin
    Yeah I know bartPE does a lot more but I was trying to tell him that using bartPE for that (bootable cd) is overkill. To borrow a phrase "like driving a boeing 747 to work".
    unfortunately can't make live xp 64 cds with it (yet).

I burned my BartPE test CD-RW. It's fantastic! I used WinXP SP1a.

BartPE:
    In simplest terms, BartPE installs the Windows OS(only the required OS files located in the i386 folder on your WinXP CD) on a CD and instead of booting the OS from HDD it boots from the CD. The desktop does not looks like the Windows desktop. But it is as powerful as Win desktop considering you include all the available plugins. I have attached the BartPE desktop screenshot with examples of some useful plugins.

* The various plug-ins can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?showforum=23
    http://www.oion.net/qnd/bootcd/plugins.shtml

* The tutorial on how to integrate SP1a into WinXP is here:
    http://www.runtime.org/slip.htm

Do not ignore this topic! Trust me guys n gals this is a must have CD and you will never regret. It will defintely prove handy in times of crisis.

If any1 needs help to make & burn the ISO image or if you do not understand the procedure then ask me

Note: I have only tested the plug-ins you see in screenshot # 1. Partition Magic didn't work since I configured it wrong. Now I have downlaoded the readymade plugin and will test the additional plugins too. So thats why I can only help you on configuring the plugins you see in the screenshot.

Regards,
    Last edited by ferrari; 07-05-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunMysore
    ok ok ok......lemme tell u wht i hav understood.

when u use the dos bootdisk, it loads windows, when u use bartpe, it loads windows?????
    Dos bootdisk loads dos, not windows.

Bart PE doest actually load windows it loads a win32 environment.

@ace,
    Yeah it's fantastic. It's freeware and the plugin "A43 File Managemnt Utility" which is also a freeware, gives you full read/write access to NTFS partitions and yes no Admin passwords required

Regards,

Well there r lot of them...and i wanted to know which one of them did Ferrari picked up..anywayz..i'll figure that out myself.
    Another question....can i make this cd a multisession? Will it recognize other volumes ( or sessions) during booting? Coz im not sure i'll b able to do it right way at the first try. I might want to add more plugins later on as i find them....can i do this?

kirthu_darling Guest
    Use a ReWriteable CD then, to initially test your CD/make additions to the plugins. Once you are happy with it, burn it permanently to a CD-R.
    Thats what I did. You will most definately have to make some small changes along the way, so try the ReWriteable method to test it out properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBolt
    That 911cd forum is not opening ...right?
    Yeah the forum is offline. But plz read the BartPE homepage from top to bottom. You will find many useful freeware plugins by the author and some other commercial plugins.

The plugins I'm using:
    See the first page-Screenshot of this topic.

And the most valuable TIP

Search-->
    http://www.google.com/search?q=BartPE+plugins

Regards,
    Last edited by ferrari; 29-06-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Hey! how did ya get those Nero plugins...they are not free right?
    And one more question....wot if i use conflicting plugins...like two shells?
    And do suggest me a nice anti-virus and the best shell plugin..
    Last edited by ThunderBolt; 29-06-2004 at 02:13 PM.

I got those plugins from 911 forums. All plugins are free to download. It's upto you how you enter the registration details in the "software_name.inf" file I mean either you legally buy the "Serial" or ask kirthu darling how to get Captains help or use google to search. Now thats not difficult. But strictly no asking for serials here

Again I tell you for the last time. Read the BartPE homepage from top to bottom. You will get the Anti-virus plugin too. But remember that uptodate Virus definitons are required and it is not possible to update once you write the CD or if you use CD-Rw then you have to rewrite the CD just for updates.

Regards,
    Last edited by ferrari; 29-06-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast